Explorer VX-UN Vertical Explorer Universal L Bracket
- Quickly change the orientation of the camera between landscape and portrait
- The VX-UN Universal L-Bracket will fit most DSLR / Mirrorless cameras without a battery grip
- Lightweight CNC machined aluminum weighing just 99g (3.5oz)
- 61mm of lateral screw mount adjustment range to support larger cameras
- Protective rubber pad to increase friction and reduce movement
- Compatible with ARCA and RRS quick release clamps
- Maintain access to the accessory ports on your camera
- Dual spirit levels for accuracy
- 1/4” accessory mounting threads
- Dual safety stops to prevent the bracket from accidentally sliding from compatible quick release plates
Shipping & Return Information
Photographygear.com.au ships with Startrack which is a subsiduary of Australia Post. All orders require a signature on delivery as proof or delivery. We ship from Sydney.
All in-stock orders placed before 2pm on business days are generally processed on the same day. Packages are usually received 1-2 business days after shipping.
Free express shipping on orders above $300. For orders below $300 Express shipping is $15.95 and will be added at checkout.
Orders addressed to P.O box, G.P.O box or Parcel Collect will be shipped by Startrack but may be delivered by Australia Post. Extra time should be allocated for these orders
Shipping Transit Times (Including Free Shipping)
Shipping time refers to the estimated time that it will take to deliver your order after its ready to ship (Please note this does not include time to process your order).
Shipping time does not commence after your order is put through but begins the moment your order has been processed and is ready to dispatch via the freight carrier of choice.
All shipping includes FREE insurance from door to door. Please contact us as soon as you receive your order if it has been damaged in transit.
1. Major City & Metro Areas
All in-stock orders are generally processed on the same day the order was placed on business days before 2pm. Generally, orders are processed and shipped the same day or next Business day. Orders received 1-5 business days after shipping. For larger packages please allow an extra 1-2 business days for delivery.
If no one is available at your delivery address to accept your order a second delivery may be scheduled or you will be notified that your order can be collected from the nearest depot location.
2. Rural Areas
All in-stock orders are generally processed on the same day the order was placed on business days before 2pm. Generally, orders are processed and shipped the same day or next Business day. Packages below 5kg are usually received 3-6 business days after shipping. For larger packages please allow an extra 1-2 business days for delivery.
If no one is available at your delivery address to accept your order a second delivery may be scheduled or you will be notified that your order can be collected from the local depot.
All orders placed before 2pm on business days are generally processed on the same day. Packages are usually received 1-2 business days after shipping.
If no one is available at your delivery address to accept your order a second delivery may be scheduled or you will be notified that your order can be collected from your nearest delivery depot.
Please note in regards to all orders
– These expected delivery dates/times are based on carrier shipping practices, your destination, and the items in your order. – Expected delivery dates are estimates. Orders can be delayed due to fraud verification or the time of the order being placed. Items that are not regularly stocked cannot be held to the expected delivery dates. – Orders may be delivered in separate shipments. – The order cut off times are based on normal Business Hours and exclude weekends and Holidays: Monday – Friday 2 pm – When your order ships you will receive an email from us with a link to track your order. If you receive your tracking number before 6 pm (PST) it may not be updated on the Carrier’s website until that evening. Due to large amounts of online credit card fraud, all orders are subject to approval by our payment verification department. We will notify you by phone or email should your order be delayed.
Refunds & Returns
We have a 30 day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request an refund for any defective products. To be eligible for a refund, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase. We do not issue refunds for change of mind or incorrect choice. Under Australian Consumer Law, we are not obliged to accept returns for “incorrect choice” or “change of mind” so please choose your products carefully. Any freight and insurance costs to return the item to us are at your expense. This includes the liability for any lost freight – send via registered post. To start a return, you can contact us via our contact form or by emailing email@example.com. If your return request is accepted, we will provide you with all instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted. You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org Damages and issues Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. Exceptions / non-returnable items We do not accept returns for change of mind, damaged products, or for products that do not have their original packaging. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards. Refunds We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method within 7 business days. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
The Explorer VX-UN Vertical Explorer Universal L Bracket is designed to fit a large range of DSLR / Mirrorless cameras to provide flexibility between horizontal and vertical shooting positions and to help maintain balance through the centre column of a tripod. The CNC machined aluminium design has been finished with a black anodized coating for durability and weighs just 99g (3.5oz). The VX-UN is fully compatible with is compatible with both Arca-type and Really Right Stuff lever clamp.
Multiple 1/4″ mounting threads are located on the bracket’s bottom and side to support accessories such as video lights or microphones connected via mounting arms or cold shoe adaptors. Anti-slip rubber pads and dual safety stops minimizing lateral movement for security and help to prevent the camera from accidentally sliding out of compatible ARCA / RRS quick-release clamps.
The two-piece design allows the bracket to be disassembled, with each piece can be used independently as a standard quick release plate. When inverted vertically and used with a ball head with a panning clamp, the Explorer VX-UN can be used as a panning tilt head for video purposes.
Why Use an L-Bracket?
The ability to quickly change your camera’s orientation from landscape to portrait is one of the biggest advantages when using an L bracket over a standard quick-release mounting plate. This can provide multiple options for compositions while still maintaining balance and even weight distribution on a tripod.
Better weight distribution and balance through the tripod
Maintain composition when changing from horizontal to vertical orientation
Great for panoramic shots in both vertical and horizontal orientation
Allows for a full range of motion in portrait / vertical orientation when using a ball-head
Maintain access to the accessory ports on your camera (custom-fitted L-Brackets)
Acts as a protective shell around the camera body
- ✓ Australian Stock
- ✓ Local Warranty
- ✓ Australian Stock
- ✓ Local Warranty
- ✓ Australian Stock
- ✓ Local Warranty
- Sirui T-024SK Carbon Fibre Tripod with B-00K Ball Head $349.00
- Silence Corner Atoll S for Sony Mirrorless Cameras $189.00
- NiSi Swift True Color Pro Nano CPL for 82mm True Color VND and Swift System $229.00
- NiSi Cinema C5 Matte Box Starter Kit $349.00
- NiSi 82mm Circular Professional Filter Kit $569.00
- NiSi 100mm V7 Professional Kit $1,999.00